More Comcast failures. Last tech never showed, time to turn up the volume on their “customer support”.
Here is the chat I had with their internet agent (conversation has been shortened):
CHAT ID: 5B0287C7-2C30-47C2-9DF1-58D24CD3051B
Problem: OnDemand does not work, hasn’t worked in over 3 weeks. Techs never show up to fix problem. DVR service not working intermittently. VERY UPSET CUSTOMER
Lewel Ray > Hello Frank, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Lewel Ray. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Lewel Ray > That’s not good. I would want your service to work and not miss your favorite shows.I’m so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I really appreciate the opportunity to make things right. You’ve reached the right person. I’ll certainly help you out in any way I can, Frank.
Lewel Ray > Is this occurring on all your TVs or just one?
Frank > Hi
Frank > Yes, all TV’s
Lewel Ray > Hi there, Frank.
Frank > I’ve had this conversation 7 times
Frank > 7 times Lewel.
Lewel Ray > I’m really sorry for the inconvenience, Frank.
Frank > We have called tech support 7 (not counting being on hold right now, so 8) times since moving in to this house
Frank > First we called, set up an appointment for Friday 3-5 pm
Lewel Ray > Are you seeing an error message on your TV screen?
Frank > Tech showed up Thursday, luckily someone ws here
Frank > he coudn’t fix problem, he told us he would send another tech Friday
Frank > That tech showed up SAME DAY one hour later
Frank > no one was home for that
Frank > Error 14
Frank > is the code we see
Frank > Anyway, the original Friday appointment time, NO ONE Showed up
Frank > This is the 4th time I’ve scheudled techs to fix service
Lewel Ray > I’m really sorry about that as the On Demand problem you are experiencing. What we can do normally is have a tech check your service on site to check the root cause of the problem. Also, don’t worry as you are not being charge for the On Demand feature since it is a Comcast provided free feature along with your service. The only time On Demand would be a chargeable feature is when a movie is rented with a charge.
Lewel Ray > Would you like us to troubleshoot your box. I’ll set up an appointment as well so that we can have your service checked on site.
Frank > Please send a tech out, who will arrive when we schedule them so we can get this fixed.
Lewel Ray > Sure thing.
Frank > We have done the “troubleshooting” which involved unplugging the box, resetting the box, and redownloading the guide
Frank > at least 6 times
Frank > each time, they send a tech out, who shows up sometimes
Frank > rarely, acutally
Lewel Ray > Alright.
Lewel Ray > Let me check the soonest appointment we have for you.
Lewel Ray > The soonest we have is: 10/16/2012,0800A1000A
Lewel Ray > Would that appointment date and time window work?
Frank > Sure, that’s fine
Lewel Ray > The tech will call 15 minutes prior to arrival to your location and will arrive within the alloted time window. Someone 18 years or older can also receive the technician.
Frank > Great
Frank > Please note my account with this conversation so we don’t have to go through it again when no one shows up.
Lewel Ray > To recap, we have successfully scheduled a technician appointment for you. I am more than sure this will be addressed to and corrected as soon as possible. Consider this resolved as your cable services will be completely fixed. Thank you.
Frank > Excellent, thanks
Then the website asks me to fill out a survey. So, here we go again:
Our service hasn’t worked in the 4 weeks that we’ve had it. Since moving in, the OnDemand, and the DVR services have barely (or not at all worked).
1. Weeks ago, we called tech support: Did the unplug, reset, restart, and re-download thing. OnDemand starts working, hang up with tech support.
2. Services not working. We called tech support: Did the unplug, reset, restart, and re-download thing. Couldn’t fix problem. They sent a tech who claims problem was fixed.
3. Services not working. We called tech support: Did the unplug, reset, restart, and re-download thing. Couldn’t fix problem. They scheduled a tech to show up, he NEVER SHOWED.
4. Services STILL not working. We called tech support: Did the unplug, reset, restart, and re-download thing. Couldn’t fix problem. They scheduled a tech to show up on Friday, he came Thursday luckily someone happened to be home, couldn’t fix problem, said “problem is outside, need to send a different tech, he will come tomorrow”. He NEVER SHOWED UP EITHER.
5. Tonight: Services STILL not working. We called tech support, spent 40 minutes on hold. Finally went to internet and used “chat” service to schedule ANOTHER tech to show up Tuesday, 8/16.
Let’s make a bet: This month’s bill says he doesn’t show. Prove me wrong and I’ll happily pay it.
Wish us luck!